Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hi Solange,

As promised, I was able to get out and take some photos of the flowers around my house while we had a little sunshine today! Yesterday we had so much rain my backyard flooded. It looks like a pond (a little lake).


But we know that the rain is needed to encourage the flowers to begin to grow and bloom. Last autumn (fall) before the winter snow started, I planted a lot of early spring perennials we call daffodils. They need to be planted in the fall so that they can be cold set by the winter weather. That is why spring is called the season of hope...because a gardener has to have faith and hope when he/she plants things in the cold hard ground just before winter. When spring arrives we are rewarded with the most beautiful blooms! Mine are just getting started.  


This is the front yard of my house. It is in the shade for most of the day except for early morning. Everything is a little droopy because of the force of the rain we had yesterday. We even had hail!!!! You can see the daffodils (yellow flowers),the hyacinth (blue flowers) and I don't really know what the purple flowers are...but I will find out! 


 
These are views looking at my house from the back yard. Things are just starting to bud-out" now that there has been a lot of rain and a little sunshine!



This pretty yellow flowering bush is called forsythia. It will soon be a bushy green when the flowers fall off later this spring.




1 comment:

  1. I really like your garden, your flowers. I like so much this kind of house, like I see in the movies!!!
    I think the people in the northern hemisphere to value a lot the spring, the flowers. They take care of flowers and gardens with love!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete